Analog output of sound card is connector pass signal in analog ("as into nature") form to amplifier or active speakers (speakers with built-in amplifier).
and get Extra Warranty 1-year period for FREE.
THE PROMO LICENSE NUMBER IS LIMITED.
* - This promo is valid from 4 December 2023 00:00GMT to 6 December 2023 00:00GMT. This Extra Warranty 1-year period is applied to this purchased promo license only.
Optimize music files
to reach your device’s sound quality limit,
get compatible audio format or save disk space.
accurate audio file converter software for
music production and discerning music lovers
FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, SACD ISO, DSF, DFF, mp3, m4a, CD...
We think about quality. You just work with music.
If you buy "AuI ConverteR PROduce-RD" (2023/12.x version) from 24 August 2023 to 24 October 2023, you will get free update to version 2024 (13.x) after its release.
The beginning of articles about sound cards here...
1. Line output is sound card out with signals standard level (250 mV).
Usually sound card has two mono line outputs (used as stereo) or one stereo.
For playback 5.1 and 7.1 records some cards have 6 to 8 ouputs (include LFE/subwoofer output).
2. Monitor output is linear output for:
- headphones (in recording workflow) or
- studio monitors (for music production) or
- stage monitors (for live concerts).
At concert line outputs of audio card are connected to loudspeakers directed to listeners. It is desirable to have additional monitor outputs to output the sound to stage monitors: musicians are well heard that they play. More right use external mixer with monitor outputs.
You can use monitor outputs in home recording studio (without external hardware mixer).
3. INSERT (output and input simultaneoustly) is a point of connection to external hardware audio devices (reverb, vocal and guitar processors, etc.).
Insert is a union:
- output (from card) to external processing unit (signal before processing)
- input (to card) from the unit (already processed signal).
stereo (two mono) INSERT connectors (1 mono processor to each mono channel)
Connecting audio processor to sound card
For each channel we use 1 stereo jack connector.
Stereo jack is connector for INSERT input/output
Usually USB, FireWire-sound cards, sound cards, or PCI with external modules has connection points INSERT.
Through this point the sound:
- coming (from INSERT output) to an external processing unit,
- passes through the unit
- back (to INSERT input) to sound card.
Read what is digital input, digital output here...