How can I rip CDs faster on Mac and Windows
You can use fast CD-ripper mode to rapidly rip CD audio on Windows or Mac OSX to mp3, FLAC, WAV and other lossless and lossy formats:
- Put CD-audio into a compact disk drive and start CD ripper software AuI ConverteR 48x44:
- In the main window, push Open button;
in the open file window, select track(s) on CD-audio. You select files on the CD (.cda or .aiff extensions). After it, push Open button*.
- In Settings, CD ripper / ISO tab, check "Fast CD ripper" switch.
To set "Safe CD ripper" mode (slower), uncheck this switch.
- In right part of the main window, select output (target) file format (.mp3, .flac, .wav, .aiff, .alac, etc.), sample rate and bit depth.
- In Directory of output files field, select absolute path.
IMPORTANT: Don't set a relative path.
- Assign album artwork *
- Push Start button and wait for end of extraction. Check ripping errors.
* AuI ConverteR 48x44 Free rip the first CD-audio track (in the software main window, see the "Source files" list).
For the second and next CD-audio tracks, ripped files contain in the middle 2-second silence.
CD ripping of all tracks in the list is available in PROduce-RD and configurable Modula-R editions.
Free edition don't assign artwork to the ripped files. Artwork assigning is available in all-included PROduce-RD and configurable Modula-R editions).
Read more about CD-ripping price options here >
Back to top
For most compact discs, fast CD ripping with result same safe mode: no reading errors. In other words, no difference in sound quality.
But, for some unstable-read CDs, safe mode is preferable. Because in safe mode the software has deeper error detection and recovering ability than in fast ripping mode.
To set the lossless mode of CD ripping:
- in Settings (in the right bottom of the main window, push Settings button), General tab, check "Don't make DSP..." switch;
- in the right part of the main window, select output (target) format WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, sample rate 44100 Hz and bit depth 16 bit.
Resampling isn't bit-perfect.
CD ripper of AuI ConverteR software has 2 ripping modes:
- Fast CD ripper collects minimum statistics for error detection and can't correct broken data after CD drive.
- Safe CD-ripper gathers maximum information to detect errors and correct broken data after CD-drive’s data processing system. Probability of successful error detection and recovery is lesser 100%.
Fast CD ripping is suitable for most CDs. If the optical disk causes displayed errors in Fast mode, try Safe mode for this CD. This mode should detect errors better way and try recover it via additional algorithm.
Back to top
If you want to reduce mechanical load to a ripped compact disk, in Settings > CD ripper/ ISO > check both "Fast CD ripper..." and "Force 1x CD speed..." switches.
You can rip a single disk several times. Errors may be detected in different places for each riping seance. It happens due to unstable reading of this CD.
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Minimum CD ripping speed (1x) is safest. For most of CD, maximum speed of a CD drive doesn't cause errors. CD ripping software should control errors and automatically chooses optimal speed. Read more...
Fastest CD ripper read compact disk on highest speed of computer's CD drive. Read more...
As rule, you can connect one external USB CD drive to a computer. CD ripping requires a higher power supply due to intensive work. Connecting of additional drives can cause power supply or other USB issues.
However, you can rip multiple CDs at once. Use several computers with drives and installed ripping software.
To achieve the best quality of CD ripping, compact disc should be read without errors.
What's really going on read here...
Back to top