Sometimes, a DFF-converter software can report about conversion error "compressed DFF" or "input file is compressed" or a similar one. For DFF files, DST data compression may be applied.
We will consider example: how to convert DST compressed DFF under Windows step-by-step.
1. Search, download, and unpack to a directory (further "decoder directory") command-line utility of DST decoder DstDecoder.exe or RefDstDecoder.exe (reference soft is here)
Disclaimer: read its license agreement when using or distributing the software.
2. Download and install high-resolution audio converter AuI ConverteR 48x44 FREE.
3. Run AuI ConverteR 48x44.
4. In AuI ConverteR's main window, click Settings button.
5. In Setting window, click Input formats tab.
6. In the upper left part of Input formats tab, in Input file format list, select dff item.
7. Click ... button about Input decompressor executable field and, in the decoder directory, select DstDecoder.exe, that is installed in step 1.
8. In Input decompressor command line params field write
-i %inputfile% -o %outputfile%
9. Click OK button and restart AuI ConverteR.
10. Open DFF file. If AuI ConverteR asks to download codec, click Ok if you agree. The codec is needed for conversion DFF to DSF, that is native for AuI ConverteR 48x44. Wait for end of downloading and installing.
11. Select output format and push Start button.
12. In Log window, you can see red message, like "error: input file is compressed". It means that converted DFF file is compressed.
13. Now AuI ConverteR must automatically launch the connected DST decoder.
14. DstDecoder.exe works slowly enough (comparing DFF to DSF decoder). In the Log window, about 1 time per 10 seconds, message "Decompressor app processing" appears. It indicates the work of the decompression utility. Other decompression utilities can output additional messages.
15. Wait for the end of conversion.
If you follow upgrades of AuI ConverteR by Audiophile Inventory you can see results of permanent development of the software. Many intensive researches are hidden from outside view.
Also, Audiophile Inventory considers technical support as an important part just like development. Issues of our customers, that are bound with our product, we consider as own ones. We try to solve it better and faster as possible.
For you, Audiophile Inventory provides conversion quality at a level of world-class professional standards and comfortable use.
You help Audiophile Inventory permanently improve the software by purchasing commercial versions.
AuI ConverteR 48x44 FREE has a restriction for converting DFF/DSF files: converted files with a length of more than 3 minutes have 2-second of silence in the middle and others.
Read about AuI ConverteR's sound quality...