Read how to convert CDA to mp3 audio files on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 with AuI ConverteR 48x44 to playback on mobile phones, digital audio players, car audio and other audio devices, frequently asked questions. Also watch the video tutorial.
To convert CDA files to mp3 on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- Launch .cda to .mp3 converter AuI ConverteR 48x44
- Open .CDA file*
- In the main window, select mp3 format and sample rate.
Read how to set mp3 parameters...
- In main window, Album art tab, assign album artwork file.**
- In the general case, in the main window, it's recommended to set dithering OFF.
Also you may compare sound with dithering ON.
- Select the target directory (see more in video).
- Push Start button and wait for the end of the converting.
- Converted files are located in the target directory.
File with .cda extension on an audio CD is not a file. It's virtual file that Windows shows. The file's content points to track at this audio compact disk. Copying of CDA files to hard disk doesn't provide copying of audio content. Conversion of CDA to mp3 is not file conversion. CD audio converter read audio data stream directly from CD and convert mp3 or another format.
Conversion CDA to mp3 under Mac OS X is impossible. Because CD-audio's tracks are visible as AIFFs on Mac.
- In the Settings, Output formats tab, in "Output file format" list select [mp3].
- In "Output converter command line parameters", replace "-ab 320k" to desirable value (examples: "-ab 128k", "-ab 256k").
* Warning: AuI ConverteR 48x44 Free allows ripping the first CD-audio track in the "Source files" list of the software main window with full audio quality.
For the second and further input CD-audio tracks, 2-second silence will be applied to the middle of the ripped files.
CD ripping of all tracks in the list is available in PROduce-RD and configurable Modula-R editions.
Free edition doesn't assign artwork to the ripped files. Artwork assigning is available in all-including PROduce-RD and configurable Modula-R editions).
Read more about price options here >
AuI ConverteR has several price/functionality options that allow saving your budget for the required functionality. You can expand Modula-R abilities later by purchasing new modules. Unlimited-time license, major updates (... 10.x > 11.x > 12.x > ... versions) are paid.
WARNING: Modula-R modules (parts of AuI ConverteR’s functionality) are NOT compatible with Free version.
ADD-ON modules work with certain CORE modules only (see details).
The module is license key received in order email. To activate module functionality, enter its key in Modula-R executable.
All "Modula-R" modules together have "PROduce-RD"'s abilities.
Full-featured "PROduce-RD" version is like a discount on price of full module kit of "Modula-R" version.
To expand functionality, module(s) (compatible with purchased major version number) may be ordered separately.
Modula-R license cannot be replaced with PROduce-RD.
* All prices on this page are in U.S. dollars without V.A.T. and other applicable taxes and fees. The prices are recommended. Information on this page is not a public offer.
- Launch AuI ConverteR 48x44
- (Optionally) To convert CDA to mp3 with resampling operas, concerts, shows or same albums at main window > Parameters tab check "True gapless mode"**
- If you want to extract audio data from CD in the bit-perfect mode, in Settings window > General tab, check Don't make DSP... switch. For bit-perfect extraction, target sample rate should be 44100 Hz. After bit-perfect extraction, audio data are packed in mp3.
- In AuI ConverteR 48x44's main window select output format mp3
- After it, the request window of codec downloading is appears. For downloading and installing the codec, click OK button.
Can you convert a CDA file to mp3? How do I convert CDA to mp3?
Yes, you can convert CDA to mp3. How to do it read here...
CDA (.cda) file on an audio CD is not an audio file. It is an index file of a CD track location. The file may be viewed via text editor.
If you want listen track, that a .cda file reffers, use audio player software.
If you want to convert CD track, that CDA file reffers, to audio file, use ripping software.
.cda file on audio-CD is an index file, that Windows show in the CD folder. You can read or convert it.
When you look to audio-CD under Mac OS, AIFF files are displayed instead of CDA. You can copy these files directly in the Finder.
Read how to rip an audio CD...