To convert mp3 to DSD audio files (DSF, DFF) on Mac or Windows operating system:
- Open audio converter software AuI ConverteR 48x44.
- Click Open files button and select input mp3 files.
- At Format panel (right middle part of the main window), select DSF or DFF (DSD files)*.
- Select sample rate (D64, D128, ...).
- Choose target directory
In the main window of the conversion software (left lower part), click ... button right Directory output files field.
It can be as absolute as relative (of source file) directory.
- Push Start button.
Wait for the conversion end. Converted DSF, DFF files are placed in the directory selected in goal 4.
DVD-audio/video, Blu-Ray, DVD/BluRay/CD ISO are NOT supported.
For Modula-R version, SACD ISO, DSF, DFF are supported in proper configurations.
For ISO tracks, DSF, DFF longer than 3 minutes, FREE edition mutes 2-second silence in the output middle and has other restrictions
Free version has processing sound quality identical commercial editions.
AuI ConverteR has several price/functionality options that allow saving your budget for the required functionality. You can expand Modula-R abilities later by purchasing new modules. Unlimited-time license, major updates (... 10.x > 11.x > 12.x > ... versions) are paid.
WARNING: Modula-R modules (parts of AuI ConverteR’s functionality) are NOT compatible with Free version.
ADD-ON modules work with certain CORE modules only (see details).
The module is license key received in order email. To activate module functionality, enter its key in Modula-R executable.
All "Modula-R" modules together have "PROduce-RD"'s abilities.
Full-featured "PROduce-RD" version is like a discount on price of full module kit of "Modula-R" version.
To expand functionality, module(s) (compatible with purchased major version number) may be ordered separately.
Modula-R license cannot be replaced with PROduce-RD.
* All prices on this page are in U.S. dollars without V.A.T. and other applicable taxes and fees. The prices are recommended. Information on this page is not a public offer.
Read how to choose the best audio converter >
The best PCM to DSD converter is a complex individual matter. It's defined by sound quality, price, usability, etc. Read more...
Also, you can look at audiophile converter list...
Yes. PCM may be converted to DSD files according to the guide...
In general case, it is lossless formats WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSF, DFF. Read more...
- Our audio systems contain DAC (digital-to-analog converter), where digital audio is converted to analog one.
- mp3 is PCM, DSF/DFF is DSD signal.
For DSD and PCM the DAC works in different modes.
These modes may have different distortions (various sound qualities).
- So we can choose the mode (PCM or DSD mode | mp3 or DSF/DFF audio files) with minimum distortions to get maximum sound quality of our musical system.
From case to case, DSD may sound better than FLAC and vice versa.
It happens because each audio system has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Look at the details...
FLAC is PCM audio codec.
DSD DAC is desirable for recordings in Direct Stream Digital. Read more...