DSF to PCM converter software is used to adapt DSD audio files (DSF, DFF, SACD ISO) to PCM DAC (digital-to-analog converter).
Most modern DACs contain a digital converter of multibit PCM to 1-bit audio sigma-delta modulation (like DSD) and "DSD" to analog converter/demodulator. It allows simplifying DAC with quality keeping.
Some DACs allow sending of input DSD signal straight to the internal chip of DSD-to-analog converter. However, other DACs can receive PCM only.
To convert DSD to PCM files:
- Start AuI ConverteR software
- In the main window of the software, push Open files button and select DSD files (.dsf, .dff or .iso).*
- Select the target PCM format (WAV, FLAC, AIFF, mp, etc.).
- Push Start button and wait for the end of the conversion.
Read about sound quality...
Read more about target directory and template settings...
* (at first time conversion or after codec reset, auto downloading of the codec will be requested).
DVD-audio/video, Blu-Ray, DVD/BluRay/CD ISO are NOT supported.
For Modula-R version, SACD ISO, DSF, DFF are supported in proper configurations.
For ISO tracks, DSF, DFF longer than 3 minutes, FREE edition mutes 2-second silence in the output middle and has other restrictions
Free version has processing sound quality identical commercial editions.
AuI ConverteR has several price/functionality options that allow saving your budget for the required functionality. You can expand Modula-R abilities later by purchasing new modules. Unlimited-time license, major updates (... 10.x > 11.x > 12.x > ... versions) are paid.
WARNING: Modula-R modules (parts of AuI ConverteR’s functionality) are NOT compatible with Free version.
ADD-ON modules work with certain CORE modules only (see details).
The module is license key received in order email. To activate module functionality, enter its key in Modula-R executable.
All "Modula-R" modules together have "PROduce-RD"'s abilities.
Full-featured "PROduce-RD" version is like a discount on price of full module kit of "Modula-R" version.
To expand functionality, module(s) (compatible with purchased major version number) may be ordered separately.
Modula-R license cannot be replaced with PROduce-RD.
* All prices on this page are in U.S. dollars without V.A.T. and other applicable taxes and fees. The prices are recommended. Information on this page is not a public offer.
Other minimum price options
In spectral domain, DSD audio signal is very similar to PCM. Both ones contain audible signal in the lowest part of the spectrum (0 ... 20 kHz). After 20 kHz PCM has equal level noise for all frequencies. Sigma-delta modulated signal has a noise "hump" in the ultrasound part of the spectrum (upper 20 kHz).
Conversion DSF audio to PCM files (WAV, FLAC, AIFF, mp3,...) is digital filtration of DSD signal. After filtration noise "hump" is eliminated. And remains only audible content. High DSD's sample rate adjusted to "low" PCM's sample rate.
Read about the comparison PCM and DSD formats of audio files here...
DSF audio file is a DSD sound file with high-resolution content. Read more...
No. DSF is a format of audio files. Such file includes audio data in DSD format and metadata of the song.
DSF file may be played back on a compatible audio player.
You can also convert DSF to WAV, FLAC, mp3, m4a to listening to any player. Read more...
You can convert DSF to mp3 files according to the guide...
Read how to convert .dsf file to .flac...
- DSF file format. DSF extension >
- How to playback DSF files in Foobar2000 [Step-by-Step] >
- DSD vs DSF vs DFF Files Audio >
- DSF File Converter >
- DSF oversampling. D64 vs. D128 >
- Audio Converter DSF to FLAC >
- How Impact to Audio Quality of PCM to DSF Conversion. 1-bit DSF vs. PCM >